Zucchini Spaghetti with Homemade marinara sauce
Zucchini are doing a great job here! You can still take your favorite pasta sauce and enjoy it with these guilt free ‘spaghetti’.
Zucchini spaghetti with home made marinara sauce
- Zucchini spaghetti. Recipe found here
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon beetroot powder or 1 small beetroot
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- Place some olive oil in pan and add a diced onion.
- Switch on the heat. This will prevent olive oil from burning.
- After 2 minutes add 2 diced cloves of garlic. Do not allow onions or garlic to brown.
- Add 4 peeled blended tomatoes to the pan. Add salt, pepper, oregano and spices you prefer.
- You can add some of the zucchini hearts to the pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon beetroot powder or 1 small pureed beetroot. This will add natural color to the sauce.
- Add 5 basil leaves.
- Continue to stir fry until the sauce has thickened.
- You can serve with any choice of pasta. I used zucchini spaghetti.
- A neat trick to quickly peel the tomatoes is to place them in hot water. After a couple of minutes the skin will peal off easily.
- If you do not have beetroot powder, blend the boiled / steamed beetroot together with the tomatoes.
Rody's Hearty Corner https://www.rodysheartycorner.com/