July 11, 2013
Congrats to my boyfriend on achieving his MIS masters! I made these little raw cookies to celebrate his big achievement.
Raw sandwich cookies
Chocolate Cookie Ingredients
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- dash of Salt
Coconut Icing Ingredients
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 200g cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all chocolate cookie ingredients into food processor and blend until dough-like.
- Take cookie dough and form a ball with your hands. Make 14 balls.
- Take 7 of the balls and press them so that you have cookie bases.
- Pin- Roll the rest of the dough or press with your hands to create a thin layer (like a sheet) of cookie dough. This will be used for the hats.
- Place the chocolate shapes in freezer.
- In the mean time blend the cashews. When cashews are powdered and starting to form butter, add coconut cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- After 30 minutes in freezer take the chocolate dough out.
- Cut the flat cookie dough into squares.
- Take a piece of cookie base and put some icing on it. Then Put a ball on the icing and then a flat square piece of dough.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Rody's Hearty Corner https://www.rodysheartycorner.com/