Easy ‘Pasta’ Salad
I has been a while since I posted a new recipe. My schedule has really become busy but plates like this one surely does not compromise my clean eating habits. I really love this pasta, and even my pasta lover boyfriend finds them a really close substitute to pasta. I bought these from London, both Whole Foods Market and Planet Organic has them, although they run too quickly out of stock. They are a great addition to the pantry and worth having around in busy days. I prefer the pumpkin, ginger and rice noodles and I believe this really honest pasta because the ingredients are just or organic brown rice, pumpkin and ginger. Much better than the store bought gluten free pasta, I am against it :)
- 2 individual servings of king soba noodles
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small white onion
- mixed bell peppers
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- black pepper
- tuna (optional)
- Bring some water to the boil using a kettle, then transfer to a hot pot on medium heat. Using a kettle to pre-boil the water will shorten the cooking time.
- Toss in the noodles and cook as per packet instruction, stirring from time to time.
- In the mean time cut the tomato and peppers into bite size pieces.
- Chop the avocado (try this easy & mess free method)
- The pasta should be ready after 5 minutes. Rinse and drain in a colander.
- Add all ingredients together and serve. Voila :)