Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cup ground almonds
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Blend almonds in food processor until you obtain a soil texture (not powder). This will take just a few seconds depending on your processor.
- Add rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips to food processor and blend well.
- When ready add most of the chocolate chips to the mixture and pour in loaf tin. Best if you line with baking sheet.
- Dress with the remaining of the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear.
- You could omit the chocolate chips and dress the bread with sunflower seeds.
- If you want a more savory cake use olive oil or another vegetable oil.
Rody's Hearty Corner https://www.rodysheartycorner.com/