I had some extra mung beans and wanted to make some veggie burgers so that I can store them in freezer. Whilst making them I found that they were more attractive as balls than burgers. So here they are.
- 2 cups sprouted mung beans
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup ground chia
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bell pepper (orange / yellow / red)
- 1 medium carrot
- 3/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds
- Blend everything in food processor except for sesame seeds, olive oil and mung beans.
- Once well blended and you have a paste consistency add mung beans and olive oil and blend again.
- Form balls using your hands and when shaped dip in some sesame seeds to cover
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C .
- Bake for around 15 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy as a snack or with salad.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/