Vegan Cocoa Pistachio Biscotti
I wanted to bake something which can handle some travelling and these biscotti were just perfect to take on the go. I found this recipe online whilst looking for a paleo desert recipe including pistachios. I immediately thought this recipe was for my type of cooking as it involved few simple steps and clean ingredients.
Baking these biscotti left our house smelling of cocoa and even after I packed them up I kept going back and forth to smell the jar. These are simply delicious and I found them a great accompaniment with tea.
A must try!
- 3 cups pure ground almonds
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup black raisins
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- First, mix all powdered ingredients with S blade in the food processor.
- Add honey and raisins and mix well. This should form a dough.
- When the dough has formed add in the pistachios and process until pistachios are blended but still chunky.
- Form dough into 2 logs and place on tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the logs (mine were approximately 3" wide x 10" logs).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When biscotti log is done, remove from oven and let cool (about an hour).
- When cooed, slice the log in 1cm wide slices and place slices on their side on baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for a further 15 minutes.