Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream
Every year I come up with a new ice-cream idea. Last year I had made this peanut butter ice cream, however, my boyfriend is not a big fan of peanut butter and turned down the idea for making it again quickly. I had also enjoyed making these chocolate covered bananas as an ice-cream alternative and these were definitely a favourite. We find ourselves wanting something fresh during hot summer nights, so I like to stock up on some homemade wholesome goodies to keep us company.
This ice cream was divine and enjoyed by everyone, including my father who is not into healthy desserts. The compliments I received from people trying this ice cream are a guarantee of this recipe’s success. I truly suggest anyone try this out as the recipe is easy and delicious and will surely impress you and your guests.
Unless you are vegan, you would question vegan ice creams. Whilst this ice creams can be enjoyed by vegans, it is also great for anyone including people suffering lactose or dairy intolerance. If you don’t have any special dietary requirement, it is also a great alternative to dairy or soy ice creams. Being milk-free it will be better processed by your gut leaving you happier. Another great thing about this is that normal ice-cream usually makes people bloated or flatulent, these things won’t happen with vegan ice creams!
This is how you make #icecream without an ice cream machine. Just stir the mixture every 30 minutes and place back in the freezer. 🍦🍨 🍧 Behold, the most delicious ice cream recipe coming up soon! . . . #vegan #lactosefree #dairyfree #Paleo #coconut #hazelnut #summer #dessert #nomnom #recipe #allnatural #natural #organic
A post shared by Rody (@rodysheartycorner) on
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 14 medjool dates (200g pitted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 or 2 tablespoons cacao powder (depending on how strong you like it)
- small pinch of sea salt
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until almost powdered. Alternatively you could use hazelnut butter.
- Add the medjool dates and 1/2 can coconut milk to the food processor and process until dates have almost dissolved completely. It is ok to leave some chunky ones.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process well.
- If you have an ice cream machine use it to turn the mixture into ice cream.
- If you do not have an ice-cream machine, place the contents in a resealable bowl and store in freezer. Then mix well every 30 minutes for the first two hours. Leave in the freezer for a further two hours and serve.
- If you are storing the ice-cream for a longer time, make sure you pull it out of the freezer prior to serving as it will harden the longer you leave it in the freezer. Otherwise it is suggested to store in separate cups so that it would be easier to have a serving.
- Serves 9 to 10 normal portions.