Sweet Pumpkin Bread
This bread/cake can be used for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. Store in freezer if you will not consume within one week!
- 1 cup (200g) pumpkin puree. Home made recipe found here
- 2 cups (170g) pure ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Raw pecans for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients except pecans in a bowl or food processor.
- Place in loaf tin and top with crushed pecans.
- Bake at 150°C for about 30 minutes. Make toothpick test to check that the bread is ready. If toothpick comes out clear then the cake is done.