I love sushi but I feel that rice fills me up too much. Here I used one of my dinner filler tricks, cauliflower rice. Since cauliflower is not sticky as the rice used in sushi, you have to appreciate that this sushi may crumble a little bit, but I promise that it does the trick.
Let me know what you think.
- 2 nori sushi paper
- 2 cups cauliflower rice. Recipe is found in my post
- few slices of cucumber
- few slices of red bell pepper
- few slices of avocado
- Some boiled prawns in lemon juice
- Remove any excess water from the cauliflower rice.
- Place a nori sheet onto a flat cleaned surface and cover with cauliflower rice. Leave one and a half inches from the top uncovered. place layers of the filler ingredients horizontally.
- When ready start rolling from the bottom side until you reach the uncovered piece of nori. Put your fingers in some water and dampen the piece of nori. This will help for the nori to stick together.
- Roll onto the last part and make sure that the nori have sticked together. If not add more water.
- Place roll in fridge for at least an hour and then slice into rolls.
- You can replace the ingredients for any sushi fillers that you like.