Southern Style Chicken
Yummy, this chicken was just perfect! I made everyone at home realize that I can make chicken taste as that of KFC with some simple ingredients, salt, pepper and spices. It’s been a while since I have eaten fast food chicken but the taste is just as I remember it. Of course less the deep fried, reused oils and heavy chicken coating. Enjoy this for your meals, salads or parties! Tastes delicious!
This recipe is naturally gluten free and and good for people suffering coeliac disease.
Try these chicken strips dipped in sour cream dip made of greek yogurt. Recipe found here.
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 2 table spoons virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon harissa spice or 1 teaspoon chilly powder or 1 teaspoon papprika
- plenty of freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- If using fan assisted grill do not pre-heat. Preheat oven at 150°C if using gas oven.
- Cut the chicken breast in strips or small pieces and layer in a bowl.
- Add olive oil to bowl and add the almond flour on top of chicken.
- Add the salt, pepper and harissa (or any other spice you prefer).
- Combine all the spices with the chicken by stirring with a spoon. Make sure all the chicken pieces have been evenly covered.
- Place chicken on oven dish covered with baking paper and grill for 15 minutes. Turnover and grill for a further 5 minutes.
- Don't worry if you do not have harissa or chilly or if you do not like spicy food. The amount I used had only a minimal effect on the outcome therefore you can easily omit the extra spice.
- Try it with sour cream dip.