When I made the southern style chicken strips, my boyfriend quickly suggested that I should accompany them with some creamy dip. I made these chicken strips again for a picnic and made a perfect accompanying sauce. It is fairly easy to make and it is a great addition to any salad or finger food.
Za’atar is a middle eastern spice made from thyme, oregano, sesame, sumac & salt. I love this spice with salad but in this dip it had a whole new meaning!
- 4 heaped spoons of greek yogurt
- 1 heaped teaspoon za’atar
- 1 medium leek
- handful of fresh parsley
- Clean and slice the leek lengthwise and then into very small squares.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Try this with the southern style chicken strips.