I love rolled chicken breast. There are so many ways you can make a chicken roll. The crust I created here was so good that you could sell it as breadcrumbs for your children!
Rolled chicken breast with spinach
- 2 chicken breasts (filetted)
- bunch of fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- some grated cheese let (optional)
- olive oil
- ground flax seeds
- sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tandori spices
- Cook the onion in a non-stick pan. Add spinach to onion until cooked.
- Remove spinach from heat and add ricotta and optional cheese.
- Take 1/2 a breast which have been flatened out and pour some of the spinach mixture on it.
- Close the chicken and use toothpicks to keep together.
- Do the same on the other 1/2 breast.
- Mix together the seasoning and linseed.
- Take a pastry brush and brush the chicken with some olive oil. Then sprinkle or use fingers to cover the chicken breast with the seasoning.
- Cook in oven at 150°C for about 30 minutes.
- The chicken will be moist and tender.
- You can use the same seasoning to brush chicken strips if you do not have time to make a chicken roll.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/