These bars are ideal as a pre or post workout meal. It’s a great way to include spirulina since most often I find it difficult to chose dishes that go well with it without it being over-powering.
More info on spirulina here
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- In a food processor using the pulse button slightly crush the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Remove and set aside.
- Blend banana and dates in the food processor until smooth.
- Add pulsed seeds and all the remaining ingredients in the food processor and mi quickly.
- Shape mixture into small bars and place on a parchment paper.
- I cooked mine with an air fryer at 120 degrees for about 30 minutes but you can place on baking tray and use a convection oven on 110°C to dehydrate.
- Alternatively you can place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so that the bars firm up.
- Best stored in freezer until ready to serve.