Quick Dairy, Grain and Gluten free Cookies
It has been a while since I posted a new recipe and I am finally catching up with the final months of my Master’s degree. This gave me less time to try new recipes, however, I have been re-using recipes and eating healthy. I often update my social media pages on Facebook and Instagram, with how I’m keeping up with healthy eating.
New recipe idea
We recently attended a house warming party and we were served with freshly baked, cinnamon flavoured homemade cookies. They tasted great and I immediately asked for the recipe since I always like to bake or prepare healthy snacks. I made my own version of the original recipe since the original one contained spelt flour. I also slightly changed the rest of the ingredients and used ingredients from my kitchen. I had a pleasant week with one of these gluten-free cookie a day for my tea time :)
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 80g raw cashews
- 90g ground almonds
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- pinch of vanilla powder
- pinch of pink salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 170°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients first and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Shape into cookies ( I had about 7 medium-sized ones), place on an oven tray covered with baking paper and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then turn upside down and cook for a further 10 minutes.