The idea for this came from my trip to Thailand. Pineapple is very common in tropical countries and they eat them both as a snack or added to savory dishes. I found pineapple dishes with seafood both in the north and in the south. An interesting fact about pineapple is that they do not grow in trees but in the ground like all the root vegetables.
This time I also used cauliflower rice instead of rice and the result was excellent especially since nobody at home realized it was not rice. Way to go!
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 small onion
- mixed bell peppers
- 1 cup white pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups fresh/frozen prawns
- 100g cashew nuts
- basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cut the pineapple in half and core it. Keep about 1 1/2 cup for this recipe and store the rest.
- Stir fry the onion in some coconut oil and add spices and herbs.
- Add the bell peppers, pumpkin and pineapple and stir-fry until almost cooked through.
- Then add prawns, cashew nuts and cauliflower rice to the mixture and stir-fry until prawns are cooked.
- Spoon the mixture into the pineapple halves and serve with sliced fresh chilly on top.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/