This is one of the primary reasons I have bought the vegetable spiralizer. To make vegetable spaghetti for my favorite pasta sauces. These spaghetti are very easy to make and require minimal or no cooking (if you like eating zucchini raw). I have always cooked zucchini but I know many people who like them raw. You can spiral slice zucchini at one go and then freeze a batch for next time. In this way you always have a healthy dinner handy.
You can look for other similar spiralizers here.
- 3 large zucchini
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- bunch of fresh basil
- bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Peel the zucchini with a vegetable peeler.
- Spiral slice the zucchini with a vegetable spiralizer. Alternatively you can use a julienne slicer.
- Cook in hot water with salt and cayenne pepper for about 5 minutes. Do not over cook as the zucchini will beak.
- For the pesto, mix all the ingredients in a food processor until paste is formed. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Rinse zucchini through colander and mix the pesto.
- You can dress with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and fresh chilly.