Pancakes with Berry Compote
This was my very first attempt of making healthy pancakes and I must say I was delighted with how easy they turned out to be and how good they actually tasted.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 cups fresh/frozen berries
- Blend the oats in a food processor until powdered.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except berries to the blender and blend on high speed until well combined. Scrape the sides of the food processor several times while blending.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat and when warm pour a large spoonful of the batter into the pan. Leave to cook for a minute then you can add another spoonful to the same pan. I cooked two at a time.
- In the meantime put the frozen berries in a saucepan on medium heat and stir continually for 5 to 10 mins. This will allow the juices to come out and reduce into a sauce. You can add stevia for a sweeter taste if you prefer.
- When ready pour the berry compote over the pancakes and you are done :)
- You can replace the berry compote with any seasonal fresh fruit or honey and nuts.