Cocoa Breakfast Balls
The thing I miss most since I started making my own breakfast is taking chocolate cereals, because the only type of cereal I take with milk (nut milk) is my own granola. This recipe surely gave me that missing puzzle because I enjoyed this breakfast so much!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup powdered almonds
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend together oats (you can use whole at this stage), almonds, cocoa, chia seeds and baking powder. Blend until oats are powdered and mixture is well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Start shaping balls and place on baking dish lined with grease proof paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at medium heat (150°C).
- Flip the balls on the other side and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them as you might not realize they are browning because of the cocoa's dark color.
- Let cool and store in air tight container.
- Cocoa balls will harden when completely cooled. They can be eaten as a snack or for breakfast with nut milk. I considered 10 medium sized balls to be a good breakfast portion.