Nut Bars with Cocoa Nibs
I love cocoa nibs. I think they are just a great alternative to chocolate, although you can find them to be bitter if you don’t like dark chocolate. Mixing them with other ingredients however makes them so much pleasurable. These bars were so good I wanted them to last forever.
- 1½ cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup agave
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup pure cocoa nibs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure cocoa powder
- Preheat oven at 160°C.
- Blend the almonds and oats in a food processor until almost powdered.
- Add thee rest of the ingredients except cocoa nibs and blend together
- Add cocoa nibs and mix in with a spoon.
- Divide mixture into 6 and place in bar molds.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time combine chocolate layer ingredients.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled dip half the bar in chocolate and put on a tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Store in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.
- If you do not have chocolate bar molds you can bake the batter in 1 tray and then divide in bars using a good knife.