My Salmon Canapes
These canapes are inspired from my recent visit to Paris. I tasted this baby lettuce called little gem lettuce at a restaurant and immediately fell in love with the taste. I saw them in a supermarket when we went to buy some groceries and I knew I had to buy them. Salmon is commonly found in many French restaurant menus and I came up with this canapes idea which is good for dinner or to serve at parties. I must say it truly tastes delicious. Try this with any lettuce of your choice.
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 1 grilled salmon steak
- 1 boiled egg (optional)
- sour cream dip (recipe here)
- fresh dill
- 1 small fresh chilly
- Assemble the lettuce on a plate and place a helpful of sour cream on each.
- Mix the salmon, egg and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Transfer salmon mixture onto the sour cream.
- Dress with fresh dill and a slice of fresh chilly.
- I grill the salmon for 15 minutes in a grill at medium to high heat. You can add mint and salt and pepper before cooking. You can also substitute with smoked salmon.
- Boil the egg whilst the salmon is cooking and let it cool until you clean and flake the salmon steak.