My clean eating Christmas log
Finally my version for a healthier Christmas Log. Most of the ingredients are similar to the traditional log, but I replaced the biscuits with oats. It is very rich in nuts and thus eating a small portion is suggested as with any nuts! Enjoy, I found it delicious.
My clean eating Christmas Log
- ½ cup / 70g almonds
- 1 cup / 80g oats
- ½ cup / 80g raisins
- ½ cup / 65g hazelnuts
- ½ cup / 45g walnuts
- 1 cup / 200ml coconut milk
- 200g dates
- 100g dark chocolate drops
- Chop the almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts. Set aside.
- Blend the oats and raisins until the oats are powdered. Set aside.
- Pour dates in a saucepan and put on low heat. Add half of the milk and mix continually to break the dates. Also try to break the dates with spoon while mixing.
- When all the milk has been absorbed add the remaining milk and continue mixing until dates have melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the oats mixture in the sauce pan with dates and mix well. When well combined pour in the nuts and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Take a grease proof paper and place on workbench. Move the log mixture onto paper starting to form log shape with hands.
- Cover the log with grease proof paper and use it to roll the log in shape.
- When happy with log, place in fridge for at least 8 hours to allow it to harden in shape. I left it for 24 hours.
- When ready to cover with chocolate, prepare a double boiler and pour the chocolate drops in the upper bowl.
- Start melting chocolate drops by stirring continually.
- Remove from heat when almost all drops have melted. Continue stirring until all drops have melted. These will melt even when off the heat.
- Place chocolate on top of the Christmas log using a spoon and use a butter knife to start putting the chocolate on the sides.
- When happy with the chocolate cover store log in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Continue storing in fridge until ready to serve.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/