A warm dish for the winter time. Bacon, leeks and broccoli are a perfect combination but feel free to remove the bacon for a vegan dish.
Leek, Broccoli & Bacon Soup
- 5 fresh leeks
- 1 fresh head broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 liter boiled water
- 3 slices back bacon (extra fat removed)
- mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin, sunflower)
- Dice the leeks, carrot, garlic and broccoli.
- Stir fry the leeks in coconut oil until softened. Then add garlic and carrot. Strir fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the broccoli, water and spices and bring to a boil.
- Add the bacon strips and simmer for 25 minutes or until the carrots and broccoli has cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Remove the bacon and blend the soup with a soup blender.
- Slice the bacon (using a scissors will help) and dress on soup. Add mixed seeds on top for some crunch and extra taste.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/