Kale is one of the most healthy vegetables I know. It is high in calcium, fiber, iron, vitamin K, vitamin A and anti-inflammatory properties. It is good for cardiovascular health, asthma, arthritis, metabolism and immune system.
In addition to being super healthy, this recipe is a great snack idea. Kale chips is crispy and thus a wonderful replacement for crisps and salty snacks. I find it great to just snack on at work or during a movie night in.
If you are looking for cool ways to carry around your kale chips, carry them around in paper bags like these colorful party paper bags from amazon. Otherwise you can always use conventional brown paper bags.
- handful kale leaves (washed thoroughly)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or good olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- cayenne chilly pepper (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- Preheat at high temperature.
- Tear the kale leaves into small pieces removing the tick stem. Leaving some of the stem is good as this is also delicious.
- Place on oven dish covered with baking paper.
- Drizzle the oil on top. Use fingers to massage and cover all of the kale leaves with oul. The oil will help the kale cook through.
- Drizzle the salt and spices on top.
- Put under very hot rill grill for about 8-15 minutes or until kale slightly changes color.
- Alternatively you can use air fryer and cook at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Kale will turn crispy and tasty! Enjoy.