Healthy crispy kale chips
A quick, easy, tasty and healthy crispy kale chips recipe. In addition to being super healthy, this recipe is a great snack idea. Kale chips are crispy and thus a fantastic replacement for crisps and salty snacks. I find it great to just snack on at work, during study or a movie night.
Kale is one of the most healthy vegetables I know. It is high in calcium, fibre, iron, vitamin K, vitamin A and anti-inflammatory properties. It is good for cardiovascular health, asthma, arthritis, metabolism and immune system.
Kale chips are best consumed once cooked. It will still be tasty if carried around however it will lose its crispiness. If you are looking for cool ways to carry your kale chips, carry them around in paper bags like these colourful party paper bags from Amazon. Otherwise, you can always use conventional brown paper bags.
- handful kale leaves (washed thoroughly)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or good olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- cayenne chilly pepper (optional)
- smoked papprika (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- Preheat at high temperature.
- Tear the kale leaves into small pieces removing the thick stem. Leaving some of the stems is good as this is also delicious.
- Place on oven dish covered with baking paper.
- Drizzle the oil on top. Use fingers to massage and cover all of the kale leaves with oil. The oil will help the kale cook through.
- Drizzle the salt and spices on top.
- Put under very hot rill grill for about 8-15 minutes or until kale slightly changes colour.
- Alternatively, you can use air fryer and cook at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Kale will turn crispy and tasty! Enjoy.
- Kale chips are best consumed right away. After some time they will lose their crispiness although they will still be delicious.