Ice-cream lollies alternative
I finally found an alternative to ice cream lollies! My mum often buys these ice cream lollies covered with chocolate and almonds and I find them too irresistible. I had to come up with my own alternative as otherwise it was becoming too hard not to succumb.
The banana will not freeze completely due to its low water content, thus these can be fully enjoyed once out of the freezer. If you freeze these for a long time, you can take one out of freezer 15 minutes before to allow it to thaw a bit.
Try these luscious banana lollies before summer is over. They will surely tame any ice cream cravings that you have without adding on the calories and processed sugars. I think they are also a great treat for kids, feel free to use other toppings instead of the almonds; try dried or fresh fruit for a smoother feel.
- 2 bananas
- 100g dark chocolate bar
- 50g roasted almonds (chopped)
- 4 lolly sticks or teaspoons
- Start by melting the chocolate on a double boiler. Have the chopped almonds ready on a separate plate. (I like to roast my raw almonds for 10 mins and chop them up when cool).
- Meanwhile cut the banana in half and stick onto the lolly sticks.
- Dip the banana in the melted chocolate and use a spatula to evenly cover the banana with chocolate.
- Immediately dip the chocolate covered banana in the chopped almonds and place on a plate with parchment paper.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes and enjoy. You can store in freezer for a longer time, just pull out one when needed. Enjoy ;)