Homemade Snickers Cake
After having a go at creating my own homemade snickers bars, I came up this awesome raw cake. Attention hazard! This snickers cake is awesome, I even like it more than the commercial packed one. Let me know what you think!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw almonds or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup organic smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut halves
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Or replace the above with a bar of 200g baking chocolate
- Start by baking the almonds or sunflower seeds for around 10 minutes. In the meantime pour some hot water over the dates.
- Blend the almonds or sunflower seeds until finely powdered and almost turned into nut butter.
- Filter the water out of the dates and prepare the base of the snickers cake by blending together the dates and almonds using a food processor.
- Make an even layer of ‘dough’ at the bottom of a loose base cake tin. I used an 8” tin. Press the dough with your fingers. You can dip your hand in a bowl of water from time to time to be able to work with the dough. Place temporarily in fridge when ready.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache by mixing together over low heat the coconut oil, cocoa powder and 2 table spoons honey. Set aside. You could replace this step by double boiling 200g of baking chocolate of your choice.
- Remove the cake base from the fridge and cover with a layer of organic peanut butter. I prefer smooth peanut butter for this step.
- Spread the peanut halves on top of the peanut butter layer making sure that no peanuts overlay.
- Then top the cake with the melted chocolate ganache making sure that all the cake has been covered.
- Store in fridge so that the chocolate layer hardens into chocolate. You can also store in freezer to fasten the process. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.