Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin puree is a staple in many clean and paleo recipes. I never found store bought versions which looked clean enough as they always have a ton of extra ingredients with them. I tried to make my own and it turned out to be fairly easy!
Homemade Pumpkin puree
- 1kg fresh pumpkin (with skin on)
- Bake the pumpkin with skin on for 45 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius. The skin will peel much easier when cooked so do not bother peeling skin before.
- The pumpkin will be cooked when a fork goes through well. Let cool.
- When cooled, peel off the skin and puree the pumpkin using liquidizer.
- Put pureed pumpkin on a strainer and allow water to drain.
- This will lead 2 cups / 400g pumpkin puree.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/