When I bought myself a bag of organic popcorn kernels I had not yet come up with this awesome recipe. I thought I would use the conventional method of making popcorn in a pan, however this idea is much easier and hassle free! All you need is some oil, seasoning and a microwave safe bowl. You also need to cover the bowl with a microwave safe lid.
This recipe does not compare to the conventional popcorn. First of all, the ingredients are much more healthy without hidden preserves, artificial flavors or additives. Secondly, you could use organic, non genetically modified pop corn kernels and thirdly it is so crispy!
Enjoy, and please do write your comments in the section below :)
- Organic popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt (optional)
- sweet paprika (optional)
- one microwave safe bowl ideally with lid (like this one)
- Layer the bottom of a bowl or plate with some pop corn kernels. Do not over lay as there won’t be enough space for all the kernels to pop.
- Place olive oil or another fat on top of the kernels, close the bowl and shake well to evenly distribute the oil.
- Add seasoning like salt and paprika and then shake the bowl well again.
- Place the lid loosely on the bowl and do not seal the bowl completely.
- Microwave for 3 minutes and enjoy.