This is a very easy gluten free, lactose free and Paleo cake! If you are afraid of baking I dare you to try it out! It is the easiest cake I ever done and I re-do it whenever I do not have time to try something new. This is also a great staple breakfast for my family.
You do not need to have a food processor, although one will make your live easier. You can use a fork to mash the bananas and mix all the ingredients together.
The recipe will make equally delicious banana muffins. Try making muffins in these awesome tulip muffin cases, the muffins will look chic and give you the feeling that you are eathing somethiing naughty, whilst you are not ;)
Let me know if you try it out!
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups ground almonds / almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice or cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder / essence
- 1 heaped teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Toppings: sunflower seeds, poppy seeds or chocolate drops
- Blend bananas in food processor until creamy. Alternatively you could use a fork but mash well.
- Add the remaining of the ingredients and either blend together with food processor or beat with a spoon.
- Pour in a cake tin or muffin cups and add the desired topping.
- Bake in preheated oven at medium heat (180 °C) for about 20/30 minutes. If the cake looks done on the outside just do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean then cake is ready.
- Double the amounts for a bigger cake or loaf tin.
- Will stay fresh at room temperature for 3 days or for a week refrigerated..