Jump to recipe
If you could smell these artichokes you would surely try this recipe out. We like them more than the traditional stuffed artichokes recipe.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut off the top parts of the artichokes and then cut in half lengthwise. You can keep the stem on. Boil upside down in water for 45mins.
- Prepare a dressing made of juice from 1 lemon, minced garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Once boiled, grill on BBQ or stove top for 15 minutes.
- While they are grilling, use a kitchen brush to spread the dressing on the artichokes. Do this while you use it all the dressing.
- Enjoy! We slide the 'meat' off the artichokes by pulling the petal between our front teeth. Alternatively you can bite off the bottom of the petal. The inside of the stem is also edible.