I love ginger and I especially love crystallized ginger but all of you know that this is not so healthy. I tried to make my own healthier version for candied ginger and i think i succeeded.
Ginger is great for this season as it is good for sinuses, clears throat and nose congestion and has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- 20g fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Remember that heat varies between oven to oven thus lower if you think it is needed.
- Peel the ginger and slice in thin pieces. Place in a glass.
- Add the honey and stir so that honey is evenly distributed on the ginger.
- Allow some time (5 minutes) for the honey to melt through the ginger.
- Put ginger on a baking dish lined with grease proof paper. Use a teaspoon to distribute the extra honey on the ginger and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and keep the ginger in the warm oven.
- Remove from oven once cooled and store in airtight container.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/