Fenugreek is a seed and it has to be boiled to make herbal tea. It is a great to prevent diabetes as it lowers blood sugar level in the body. It is good for wight loss, skin protection, improves lactation, lowers cholesterol, improves digestion, hair nourishing, increases testosterone level in men and is anti-inflammatory.
Adding whole cloves to this tea makes it an anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory thus great for this cold and flu season!
- 1 heaped teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups water
- pinch of whole cloves
- ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the water on a stove and add the fenugreek seeds (picture 1). The water will start to turn yellow.
- Add the whole cloves and bring water to a boil. After five minutes remove from heat and pour into teapot.
- Add the juice of the lemon and put the lemon in the tea.
- Add more hot water if you want to dilute the tea.
- Take a honey dipper and mix some honey with cinnamon (picture 2).
- Add this mixture to the tea using some hot water so as not to waste anything.
- Serve or keep in heated teapot.