Fennel and Pear Soup
This soup is sweet and have a nice consistency. It is a great winter food and also full of good nutrients.
Fennel is good for anti-inflammation, resists infection and rich in Vitamin C. It is said to be good for water retention, respiratory congestion, coughs and colon health.
Fennel and Pear Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 pear
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 star anise
- 2 cardamom pods
- 700ml boiled water
- Dice the fennel, pear, onion and garlic.
- Stir fry the onion in olive oil. When softened add the garlic. Do not brown.
- Pour in the hot water, and then the remaining ingredients.
- Boil at medium to high heat for 5 minutes, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove aniseed stars and cardamom pods and blend with soup blender.
- Serve with two slices of homemade bread.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/