I came across this recipe by skinnyms on Pinterest and immediately liked it because it can be done in 5 minutes. My colleague made it for us and it was such a pretty dessert. Thus I decided to have my go at slightly modifying this recipe to have less sugar. I also experimented with different fruit. This dessert felt like having a mini cheesecake. The base is made with nuts, coconut oil and coconut sugar and then it is topped with yoghurt and fresh fruit. It is also gluten free and Paleo.
This dessert is fresh to have and doesn’t require any baking making it perfect for summer. I hate heating up the oven or cooking in summer because it warms up the house! Since this dessert needs to be kept in the freezer, it will feel like having an ice cream. A great way to accompany hot summer days.
- 1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- fresh fruit to top (peaches, berries, banana, strawberries)
- 6 muffin silicon molds
- Mix the hazelnuts, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a food processor or in a bowl.
- Distribute this mixture evenly at the bottom of 6 muffin silicon molds and press to create a base similar to a typical cheese cake.
- Top each muffin case with about two tablespoons Greek yogurt.
- Top with fresh fruit. Use fruit which dies not turn icy when frozen. I like peaches or any type of berries.
- Freeze until ready to serve.