Easy Paleo Chocolate Donuts
Easy does it
A great, quick, one bowl recipe for delicious chocolate donuts that can be done in a jiffy. What’s great is that they are made with simple, clean ingredients that make them naturally gluten and grain-free.
Adapted from hello frozen bananas
- 2 cups pure ground almonds
- 1/3 cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Olive or coconut oil for greasing pan
- 60g dark melting chocolate
- Toppings such as shredded coconut, cacao nibs, chopped nuts
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- In a bowl mix the ground almonds, cacao powder, vanilla and bicarbonate.
- Once well combined add eggs and maple syrup. Mix well with a fork.
- Cover donut pan with some oil (olive or coconut) and bring some water in a bowl nearby.
- Spoon mixture into moulds leaving room for growing. You can dampen fingers in a water bowl to flatten out the batter since it is sticky. If you do not have a donut pan you can use muffin cups however the cooking time might be a bit longer.
- Cook in oven for 15 mins and let cool.
- Once donuts are cooled melt the chocolate in microwave for 1.5 minutes. It might still look solid so use a teaspoon to melt and mix the chocolate.
- Cover the top of the donuts with some melted chocolate and dress with desired topping. Let cool at room temperature and enjoy :)