Easy Cranberry Biscotti
I modified my recipe for vegan cocoa pistachio biscotti to make a super fast and easy dessert recipe. I made these biscotti while on vacation in Gozo so I did not have any food processor or extra ingredients at hand. They turned out very good and had just the right amount of chewiness. I liked them best when stored in the refrigerator as they kept their freshness and moisture and didn’t crumble while eating.
- 2 cups pure ground almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl first.
- Add the honey and mix well with a spoon until a dough is formed.
- Add in the cranberries and mix well.
- Place mixture on baking paper and form a rectangular log using your hands. It should be about 1 x 3 x 12 inches.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins until slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- When cooled use a sharp knife to cut the biscotti. You will have about 15 depending on the size of the log.
- Bake in the oven for a further 5 minutes on each side.
- For a sweeter taste you can replace the cranberries with raisins or sultanas.
- If you have a food processor you can grind up the coconut as it will give a better texture.