Creamy sweet potato smoothie
A friend of mine found this recipe online and shared it with me. I was really interested in learning how the sweet potato will taste in a smoothie and the result was superb. The sweet potato doesn’t taste much and it creates a very creamy consistency. This is an awesome sweet tooth fix!
I made some minor changes to the recipe, my version can be found below.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 banana
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil sweet potato with skin on. It will easily peel afterwords, then chill the sweet potato in fridge.
- For the smoothie, blend all the ingredients together in liquidizer.
- Enjoy while still cold.
- It is best if you boil the sweet potato some time before so that it has time to cool down. I do this the night before if I am taking the smoothie for breakfast.
- Homemade almond milk will be stored in fridge. Chill the milk if using store bought version.