Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles
If you want to fall in love with vegan cooking, this recipe is the place to start! Me and my boyfriend said that we could easily go vegan if vegan food would always taste this good. The ingredients used in this recipe are very warming and this meal resulted to be the perfect winter dish! Kudos to PinchofYum.com for the recipe.
I had bought the vegetable spiralizer almost two years ago and it is still working great. Now it is almost half the price I had bought it, making it an easier option for anyone to try. It has changed my life in many ways and I would suggest anyone to buy it, or similar vegetable slicers. I have not been so creative in the vegetables I spiralize, but making raw zucchini spaghetti, sweet potato noodles and curly sweet potato fries has been good enough for me. Making these alternative type of ‘pasta’ is great to accompany any favourite pasta sauce. Check also this recipe for sweet potato chips.
If you have never had sweet potato noodles before, it is worth giving this dish a try. Thinly sliced sweet potato is totally different than having sweet potato fries. Keeping the sweet potato a little bit ‘al dente’ as the Italians say, is even better to avoid ending up with soggy pasta.
- Cashew Cheese from this recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes, spiralized with spiral slicer
- Big bunch of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- grilled squash (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Thinly slice the onion and stir fry with olive oil, chilly flakes and turmeric powder.
- When the onion starts to soften, add in spinach, grilled squash and sweet potato noodles and stir fry until all the spinach has wilted.
- Switch off the heat and then mix in cashew cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.