Cocoa & Nut balls
These balls are super easy to make and are a great fulfilling treat. Try them out for a party or use them for a daily treat. Let me know what you think!
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts & cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly baked almonds
- 2 heaped table spoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- For optimum results, freshly bake half a cup of raw almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 200°C. Keep an eye on them, they should golden but not brown.
- In the meantime heat the dates in a sauce pan with 1 teaspoon water until softened. You can alternatively microwave them for two minutes with 1 teaspoon water.
- Place all the ingredients in food processor and process until well combined and most of the nuts are finely chopped.
- Use the palm of your hands to form the balls and chill for at least two hours.