Chocolate oat bars
Jump to recipe
This is an easy one-bowl recipe, great for breakfast or as a snack. These bars are unsweetened except for the chocolate, and a great energy boost with oats, nuts and chia seeds.
It takes no time to dress them in chocolate but it surely looks like a lot more work.
Let me know if you try them out!
- 2 cups (170g) oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons (20g) chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons (70g) water
- 1 cup (240g) nut milk
- 1/2 cup (70g) almonds
- 1/4 cup (37g) cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g melting chocolate
- Start by mixing the chia seeds and water in a large bowl. Set aside while you gather the rest of the ingredients. Chia and water will form into a sticky consistency as the gum in the chia seeds activates.
- After a few minutes add the remaining ingredients, except for the melting chocolate and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 210°C.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking tray with baking paper and layer the mixture evenly at the bottom of the tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before the next step.
- Cut into 8 bars.
- Once ready to coat with chocolate, place the chocolate inside a bowl that holds the size of the bar. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Once chocolate is out of the microwave mix well with a spoon and it will melt completely.
- Dip the bars in melted chocolate and rest on the same baking paper to dry.
- Use a spoon to decorate the top of the bars with the remaining chocolate.
- Let cool at room temperature and then store in refrigerator.