These muffins taste like any other chocolate muffins and you won’t realize there is beetroot inside. It is a great way to include beetroots in your diet.
Chocolate Beetroot Muffins
- 3 medium beetroots
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cup pure ground almonds
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 heaped tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- Peel the beetroots and cook them in microwave for 3 minutes. You can alternatively steam or boil them.
- Allow beetroots to cool and blend in food processor to break into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients in food processor and blend well.
- Bake in oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/