Chickza (Chicken Base Pizza)
Needless to say this pizza is 100% gluten and wheat free. It is a great pizza alternative and using this guilt free base you can still enjoy most of your favorite pizza toppings. The chicken on the circumference will have a crunchy texture and if you allow it to cool a little bit, you can even eat it with your hands as you do with your typical pizza (something we all love to do :)). Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken breast (2 halves)
- 2 eggs
- fresh black pepper & salt
- Italian spices or oregano
- optional: chilly powder
- Put the base ingredients in the food processor and blend until no large pieces of chicken appear.
- Take 2 pizza dishes and cover with baking sheet. Alternatively you can use 1 large square tray.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet and flatten the mixture evenly to create a flat base.
- Cook in a medium hot oven 180°C for 20 minutes or until the chicken cooks through.
- Remove the base from oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- When cooled turn over and dress with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Cook for a further 10-20 minutes or until toppings are done.
- You can use home made marinara sauce found here instead of tomato sauce.
- Great toppings are: mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, olives, spinach, cottage cheese, mozarella