This recipe is very interesting. The first time I came across it was on Detox Your World but there are many other numerous similar recipes out there. I will give you the recipe as I found it, but you could experiment with adding other wonderful ingredients such as vanilla, cacao, fresh berries, nut butter, fresh fruit, cinnamon, nuts .. the list is endless. Use what’s in your pantry to turn this pudding to suite your taste buds. Some recipes call this Chia Yogurt, but I found it more similar to rice pudding, and if you ever had rice pudding, I can vouch that the texture is very similar.
Chia seeds, similarly to falx seeds, become gooey when soaked. They form a tick gelatin gel around them and grow more than double in size making them a great, appetite satisfying dish.
A portion of chia seeds i.e. 3 tablespoons, provide 7g of protein, 249 milligrams of calcium, 190 calories and 12g of fat (11g of which are heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats). Chia seeds contain more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon per serving.
- 1 cup homemade almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Start by pouring 1 cup of almond milk into a bowl. I used my own home made version but you could use any milk of your choice.
- Add the chia seeds, goji berries, coconut, cacao nibs, and honey and gently stir it together and leave to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes stir again and then cover up and leave overnight in refrigerator.
- The next morning you will find it has turned to a thick consistency, which then can be enjoyed as a superb breakfast option or a delicious healthy treat on the go! Can be enjoyed both chilled or warmed up.