If you have never made cauliflower rice you need to try it out! It is a super healthy alternative to rice, or pasta. Sometimes you need to add a little bit extra to some dishes and I find that cauliflower is a great light addition to dishes. It is good as a side but also as a base for main dishes.
I just grind a head of cauliflower with a food processor and then stirfry or cook it in microwave. Whenever I use microwave I allow some time before eating or using the food. The taste is really up to you. You can add spices or curries or herbs to give the ‘rice’ the taste that you want :)
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 long zuccini
- cup of raw cashews
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 onion
- To make cauliflower rice just wash the cauliflower and put it in a blender. Blend until the cauliflower is in rice / cuscous size pieces.
- Take out the cauliflower and place in glass container. Microwave for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Chop the onion and stir fry in some coconut oil. Add garlic and immediately add zucchini.
- Stir in cashew nuts and sliced sun dried tomatoes.
- When zucchini are done stir in the cauliflower rice and add some fresh basil.
- Take off the heat and serve.