Snacking time is an important part of the day for me. I snack every two to three hours and if I don’t, I get crazy. I don’t have big meals because I can’t handle feeling full after a meal, and snacking is my way around it to feel lighter and better.
As much as I know that eating in front of a television is wrong, I do sometimes do it during a movie night. Eating whilst focussing on something else will shift your focus from the food and you will end up eating and wanting more food. This recipe is great for munching on whilst watching T.V. because it is almost guilt free. Whilst stocking up on raw carrot sticks and celery is a great alternative, we often crave something warm and crispy. These cauliflower bites provide just that… and forget the taste of cauliflower, you will be licking your fingers afterwords!
These cauliflower bites are a healthier option for the famous vegan buffalo wings alternative. Vegan buffalo wings use cauliflower instead of chicken to create a vegan but still tasty snack. This latter recipe often uses store bought processed buffalo sauce. Through in my recipe I am using spices to flavour the cauliflower florets and make them just as finger licking good!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground chillies
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- plenty of salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill at high heat.
- Start by breaking up the cauliflower into small bite size pieces.
- Coat the cauliflower florets with coconut oil. You can mix cauliflower and oil in a bowl or otherwise throw them in a clean plastic bag to mix them well together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then use mixture to coat well the oiled cauliflower.
- Let sit for about five minutes.
- If you have an air fryer, cook the cauliflower at high heat for about 20 minutes stirring half way through.
- Place cauliflower florets on a rack rather than a tray and grill for 12-15 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. You can also accompany them with this home made sour cream dip.