Cabbage rolls with chunky pesto
This is a super fast and simple dinner. When you make the pesto prepare extra in advance and store it in freezer. You can put it in the fridge in the morning if you know that you will be using it in the evening.
Cabbage Rolls with Chunky Pesto
- 4 Cabbage leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated cheese or some cheese to top
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups home made lentil pesto found here
- 1. Put the tomatoes in a bowl of boiled water and set aside.
- 2. Boil or steam the cabbage leaves so they are softened but not cooked through.
- 3. Fill in cabbage leaves with chunky pesto, roll leaves finishing with the open end on the bottom and place in an oven proof dish.
- 4. Peel the tomatoes and place in a blender together with a clove of garlic.
- 5. Pour tomatoes over the rolled cabbage leaves and dress with some grated cheese.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes at 150 °C.
- To take off the cabbage leaves from the cabbage without breaking them, first cut the stem and start peeling them off gently from the bottom so as not to break them.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/