Breakfast in a Jar
Making home made granola has never been easier. Prepare granola in advance so that you find it ready each morning.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup uncooked nuts of your preference (almonds, cashews, brazil nut, hazelnuts)
- 1 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Break the nuts in a food processor into chunky pieces (be careful not to over blend). Alternatively you can place them in a bag and break them up with something heavy like a rolling pin.
- Place all the ingredients in an oven dish and dress the honey evenly onto the mixture.
- Bake for 25/30 minutes flipping the mixture for a couple of times.
- When ready, let cool completely before storing.
- If you want to add walnuts, pecans or dried fruit, add them when oats are cooked. This will prevent them from burning.
- When you're in a hurry place 40g (one serving) of granola in a jar, add some greek yogurt and dried blue berries and you have breakfast to go :)
- This is so tasty and satisfying!