Bounty Coconut Hearts
These coconut heats were so good that no one guessed what they were made of! If you do not like coconut you can use the heart shell for some homemade ice cream or fresh fruit.
- 1 organic dark chocolate for cooking
- 1 cup ricotta
- 4 packets stevia
- ½ cup shredded coconut + extra for garnish
- Start preparing the coconut hearts some time before. Melt chocolate in a double boiler stirring every few seconds.
- When chocolate is completely melted start making the heart shapes. Take silicon mold and drop teaspoon of chocolate in the silicon mold. Use the back of another teaspoon to distribute the chocolate onto the sides of the molds. Cover heart completely and place in freezer. Repeat with all your molds and keep in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- In the mean time prepare the coconut filling. Mix together ricotta, stevia and shredded coconut.
- Remove coconut hearts from freezer and start placing ricotta filling inside the hearts.
- Garnish with extra coconut on top.
- Store in fridge immediately as hearts can melt if left outside for too long.
- Stevia is a natural sweetener extracted from a plant. It is a great, no calorie alternative to sugar.
- Use ice cube trays if you do not have small silicon molds.