I usually like to cook easy and fast recipes, but these ones cannot take that merit. If you are looking for a fast recipe, these are not, but if you have some time try them out as they are sinfully delicious.
Blueberry breakfast bars
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 table spoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda + dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Warm the blueberries in a saucepan over medium-low heat while preparig the dough.
- In a food processor mix the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. The dough will be a little bit runny so place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 150 °C.
- Start making the base of the bars by taking half of the dough as a base. Since the dough was a little bit moist I used my hands to do this instead of a rolling pin. Put bases directly on dish lined with parchment paper.
- Place some blueberries on each base.
- Take the remaining dough and cover the blueberry filling with the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes on each side.
Rody's Hearty Corner http://www.rodysheartycorner.com/