Banana Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Sometimes I find pre ground almonds very convenient because my food processor does not make flour out of nuts. But for certain recipes, I prefer grinding my own almonds because it gives a very different texture to food. When I tried this cake with almond meal, the texture turned out very different and soft. By using whole almonds and grinding them yourself, you give this cake a really nutty kick.
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- juice of 1 lemon
- some lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda + pinch of salt
- poppy seeds to top
- First grind almonds and oats in a food processor.
- My food processor does not blend the almonds to a powder, but this texture gives a nice feel to the cake.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into a cake tin and sprinkle some poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 160 °C.