Banana Carrot Muffins (egg & nut free)
I made these muffins as a trial for my nephew’s first birthday. My sister & I wanted to make some wholesome muffins that actually tasted good but since they were to be eaten also by 1 year old kids, we didn’t add sugar, eggs or nuts due to any possible allergies. They turned out pretty amazing :)
- 2 cup rolled oats, powdered with blender
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce. Recipe here
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 160 °C.
- In one large bowl, first mash the bananas. Add vanilla and coconut milk and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in the carrots until well incorporated.
- Transfer batter to cased muffin tins and bake for about 40 minutes at 160 °C or until toothpick comes out clean.
- To powder the oats just blend them in a food processor.
- Apple sauce is made up of mashed boiled apples. Try to do your own when possible.